Who listens to Strawberry Jazz?
Over the past 8 years we’ve had emails for people all over world regularly listening to our radio show, including Russia, most of Europe, Canada, USA, Brazil, Australia and Africa.
Great musician like Four80East, The French Guys and Dolores Hardcastle (Paul Hardcastle’s partner) listen to Strawberry Jazz. Robbie Vincent has also called the studio to say how much he enjoyed Strawberry jazz.
So, if you’re an up and coming Smooth Jazz artist please contact and we’ll play your latest CD on our show.
“Hi Colin, just a word to say how much I enjoy Strawberry Jazz. It is the musical highlight of my week for years now. It has introduced many wonderful artists to me that I would never have heard on mainstream radio. Many, many thanks and best regards. Gerry McGuinness, Wexford, Ireland.”
“I’m from Botucatu – São Paulo – Brazil, and i like so much StrawberryJazz. Congratulations.”
- 2 people followed me and 2 people unfollowed me // automatically checked by https://t.co/QBNJugjovG 11 hours ago
- I was just thinking.... It is easy to direct but not easy to lead! #JustSaying 1 day ago
- Natasha Watts thank you for your gesture, really kind, very appreciated. That's why you are so loved! Bless you XX 1 day ago
- My heart felt thanks for all your concerns following my food poisoning. After a day of just water to make sure that… https://t.co/de8HPalc8A 2 days ago
- My week on Twitter 🎉: 7 Mentions, 5.51K Mention Reach, 9 Likes, 3 Retweets, 12.1K Retweet Reach. See yours with… https://t.co/NjvuXVQPWf 3 days ago
Q1. What first attracted you to Soul Music, is this relevant today?
I enjoyed the rhythm.
Q2. What are your top 5 favourite soul tracks?
George Benson – Breezin
The Average White Band – Pick up the Pieces
Four80East – Noodle Soup
Micheal Franks – DragonFly Summer
The French Guys – Get Funky
Q3. What are your favourite three record labels?
I mainly play independent artists that don’t really have labels.
Q4. Who are your favourite five artists?
The French Guys
Q5. What are your top three soul clubs of all time?
Q6. What radio experience did you have before you joined Solar?
Q7. What is/are your main criteria in choosing records for airplay?
I think my listeners will enjoy them.
Q8. Why would you recommend Solar to a listener?
The only station that lets the DJs choose the music.
Q9. Which other DJs do you admire and why?
Q10. How would you like to be remembered by a listener?
I was entertaining.
Q11. What do you do to relax?
Watch a film.