Who listens to Strawberry Jazz?
Over the past 8 years we’ve had emails for people all over world regularly listening to our radio show, including Russia, most of Europe, Canada, USA, Brazil, Australia and Africa.
Great musician like Four80East, The French Guys and Dolores Hardcastle (Paul Hardcastle’s partner) listen to Strawberry Jazz. Robbie Vincent has also called the studio to say how much he enjoyed Strawberry jazz.
So, if you’re an up and coming Smooth Jazz artist please contact and we’ll play your latest CD on our show.
“Hi Colin, just a word to say how much I enjoy Strawberry Jazz. It is the musical highlight of my week for years now. It has introduced many wonderful artists to me that I would never have heard on mainstream radio. Many, many thanks and best regards. Gerry McGuinness, Wexford, Ireland.”
“I’m from Botucatu – São Paulo – Brazil, and i like so much StrawberryJazz. Congratulations.”
- @alffazaard @RichardSearling @BeatRadio1032 Thanks for tagging us @alffazaard and thanks for listening 1 week ago
- @njhffc @rajthehoop cheers nick .. was looking forward to the fulham game ..we were in form .! good luck with the p… https://t.co/prhkTlCT0Y 2 weeks ago
- @njhffc @rajthehoop not quite.. !! nice one tho .. hope youre all good buddy 2 weeks ago
- RT @njhffc: @rajthehoop @solarradio Locked in and Locked on! #StayHomeSaveLives 🕺🏿💃🏻🎧 2 weeks ago retweeted via njhffc
- RT @rajthehoop: join raj at 8 on @solarradio where we play music from across the genres seamlessly connected for your listening pleasure jo… 2 weeks ago retweeted via rajthehoop
Q1. What first attracted you to Soul Music, is this relevant today?
I enjoyed the rhythm.
Q2. What are your top 5 favourite soul tracks?
George Benson – Breezin
The Average White Band – Pick up the Pieces
Four80East – Noodle Soup
Micheal Franks – DragonFly Summer
The French Guys – Get Funky
Q3. What are your favourite three record labels?
I mainly play independent artists that don’t really have labels.
Q4. Who are your favourite five artists?
The French Guys
Q5. What are your top three soul clubs of all time?
Q6. What radio experience did you have before you joined Solar?
Q7. What is/are your main criteria in choosing records for airplay?
I think my listeners will enjoy them.
Q8. Why would you recommend Solar to a listener?
The only station that lets the DJs choose the music.
Q9. Which other DJs do you admire and why?
Q10. How would you like to be remembered by a listener?
I was entertaining.
Q11. What do you do to relax?
Watch a film.