Monday: 8pm to 10pm & Thursday: 3pm to 6pm
Sweet Rhythms Chart
- @e45twp @ashselector 7 hours ago
- RT @david_presenter: Join me at midnight for #AfterHours. Two hours of the very finest late night #Soul #Music only @solarradio. Some cool… 7 hours ago retweeted via david_presenter
- RT @RichSoulLife: Yesterday's #soullife goodness on @solarradio https://t.co/EVPsYE2rGF 7 hours ago retweeted via RichSoulLife
- RT @MakinMovesUK: Shouts 2 @solarradio 4 supporting our latest release #WipetheNeedle ft. @Liffordshilling #KissingYou @TheDjBeloved & #Reg… 8 hours ago retweeted via MakinMovesUK
- https://t.co/5egcS6V2ua @DarienOnline in concert tomorrow 1 day ago
Q1. What first attracted you to Soul Music, is this relevant today?
The stories behind the songs real life experiences. Playing soul has always made me feel happy and yes that still applies today.
Q2. What are your top 5 favourite soul tracks?
Luther Vandross – Once You Know How
Sam Dees – After All
Keith Washington – Kissing you
Larry Graham – one In A Million
Q3. What are your favourite three record labels?
Q4. Who are your favourite five artists?
Q5. What are your top three soul clubs of all time?
Room At The Top
Q6. What radio experience did you have before you joined Solar?
Woodside Radio Newham General Hospital Radio Manager
Various Radio Stations
Q7. What is/are your main criteria in choosing records for airplay?
Very hard to describe I just know with all my experiences listening to music over the years.
Q8. Why would you recommend Solar to a listener?
From management to all the presenters we are all very passionate about Solar Radio, it’s not just a job and we are not play-listed therefore we don’t play the same old 300 songs like other stations and like i say on my show the station where we love coming to work!
Q9. Which other DJs do you admire and why?
Paul Stenning for his professionalism, and who brought new music to the station.
Q10. How would you like to be remembered by a listener?
As Super Gary Spence The Man That played The Sweetest Rhythms (ps not going anywhere soon).
Q11. What do you do to relax?
Spend time with my wife and family listening to good music, holidays and having a very good social life.