Monday: 8pm to 10pm & Thursday: 3pm to 6pm
Sweet Rhythms Chart
- RT @svdeep21: @rajthehoop @solarradio Locked in bro 🙌👌 2 hours ago retweeted via svdeep21
- RT @KGFinan: @rajthehoop @solarradio Turn it up mate !!!! 3 hours ago retweeted via KGFinan
- RT @rajthehoop: Soulfully Yours time on @solarradio where we connect our beloved music seamlessly for your listening pleasure music from th… 3 hours ago retweeted via rajthehoop
- RT @DJ_PaulNewman: 8-10am #SaturdayMorning a BLOCKBUSTER Soul Provider show awaits @solarradio. Lisa Stansfield is in our dream theatre @Li… 3 hours ago retweeted via DJ_PaulNewman
- RT @david_presenter: This week on @606 show I'm back with @joharropmusic. She has decided it's time to play a few Christmas songs including… 1 day ago retweeted via david_presenter
Q1. What first attracted you to Soul Music, is this relevant today?
The stories behind the songs real life experiences. Playing soul has always made me feel happy and yes that still applies today.
Q2. What are your top 5 favourite soul tracks?
Luther Vandross – Once You Know How
Sam Dees – After All
Keith Washington – Kissing you
Larry Graham – one In A Million
Q3. What are your favourite three record labels?
Q4. Who are your favourite five artists?
Q5. What are your top three soul clubs of all time?
Room At The Top
Q6. What radio experience did you have before you joined Solar?
Woodside Radio Newham General Hospital Radio Manager
Various Radio Stations
Q7. What is/are your main criteria in choosing records for airplay?
Very hard to describe I just know with all my experiences listening to music over the years.
Q8. Why would you recommend Solar to a listener?
From management to all the presenters we are all very passionate about Solar Radio, it’s not just a job and we are not play-listed therefore we don’t play the same old 300 songs like other stations and like i say on my show the station where we love coming to work!
Q9. Which other DJs do you admire and why?
Paul Stenning for his professionalism, and who brought new music to the station.
Q10. How would you like to be remembered by a listener?
As Super Gary Spence The Man That played The Sweetest Rhythms (ps not going anywhere soon).
Q11. What do you do to relax?
Spend time with my wife and family listening to good music, holidays and having a very good social life.