Back II Life - An experience of the past, present and future music.
Although Jazzie B and Soul II Soul will always be connected, both spiritually and substantially, that has never been all Jazzie has been about.
For years now, he has built a parallel career away from the collective, one that allows Jazzie to advance his own ideas and character. Among his more eclectic achievements as Jazzie B, he has been a regular on London radio since Kiss FM was a pirate – he is currently on Solar Radio, Sundays 2-4 pm and also does a variety of voice-overs for radio and television.
He has had a spell running Motown in the UK, designed a sneaker for the Lacoste Legends range and presented James Brown with the Diesel U Music Lifetime Achievement award – an honour the late Mr Brown would accept in person on the one condition that it was Jazzie who presented it to him. But on a more day-to-day level, welcome to Jazzie’s world…
- @alffazaard @RichardSearling @BeatRadio1032 Thanks for tagging us @alffazaard and thanks for listening 1 week ago
- @njhffc @rajthehoop cheers nick .. was looking forward to the fulham game ..we were in form .! good luck with the p… https://t.co/prhkTlCT0Y 2 weeks ago
- @njhffc @rajthehoop not quite.. !! nice one tho .. hope youre all good buddy 2 weeks ago
- RT @njhffc: @rajthehoop @solarradio Locked in and Locked on! #StayHomeSaveLives 🕺🏿💃🏻🎧 2 weeks ago retweeted via njhffc
- RT @rajthehoop: join raj at 8 on @solarradio where we play music from across the genres seamlessly connected for your listening pleasure jo… 2 weeks ago retweeted via rajthehoop
Q1. What first attracted you to Soul Music, is this relevant today?
The feeling that it gives me!!
Q2. What are your top 5 favourite soul tracks?
Q3. What are your favourite three record labels?
Q4. Who are your favourite five artists?
Q5. What are your top three soul clubs of all time?
Africa Centre – London
Shelter – NYC
Q6. What radio experience did you have before you joined Solar?
Loads of pirate stations
Q7. What is/are your main criteria in choosing records for airplay?
That they reflect the mood that I want to portray for that show.
Q8. Why would you recommend Solar to a listener?
Because it will make you happy.
Q9. Which other DJs do you admire and why?
Q10. How would you like to be remembered by a listener?
Q11. What do you do to relax?
Listen to Solar, silly!