- RT @BestSmoothJazz: The Best Smooth Jazz ‘LIVE’ TV show returns this Saturday (25th July 2020). 4pm UK 11am ET. Watch at https://t.co/aBvj1… 2 weeks ago retweeted via BestSmoothJazz
- RT @BestSmoothJazz: BEST SMOOTH JAZZ : 4th July 2020 #Smooth #Jazz #BSJ #London https://t.co/EqaFfFvnBh 1 month ago retweeted via BestSmoothJazz
- RT @BestSmoothJazz: We're back with the 'LIVE' Best Smooth Jazz TV show this Saturday (4th July 20). 4pm UK 11am ET. Watch at https://t.co/… 1 month ago retweeted via BestSmoothJazz
- RT @BestSmoothJazz: BEST SMOOTH JAZZ : 20th June 2020 https://t.co/ZLDE7Vuc9H 1 month ago retweeted via BestSmoothJazz
- NEXT 'Live' Best Smooth Jazz TV show is this Saturday (20th June 2020) 4pm UK = ll am ET. Watch at https://t.co/YkWIeHseRc 2 months ago
Q1. What first attracted you to Soul Music, is this relevant today?
Soul music stood out from the rest of music that was being played on the radio at the time (pop,rock,etc.) It has a built in feel good factor that flirts with your ears using harmonies melodies and some sweet distinctive voices that can make you sing or dance.
Q2. What are your top 5 favourite soul tracks?
Sweetest feeling – Jackie Wilson
You’ve Lost That Loving Feeling – Righteous Brothers
The Boss – James Brown
Aint No Mountain High Enough – Diana Ross
Q3. What are your favourite three record labels?
Philadelphia International Records
Q4. Who are your favourite five artists?
Q5. What are your top three soul clubs of all time?
Ah…um …this is an awkward one, being a youth player here on Solar Radio I was a little too young to get into clubs. I had to listen on the radio to Best Disco in Town from the Lyceum (Greg Edwards etc. Capital Radio) Later I did get to Scamps in Croydon and C.P.H. Crystal Palace,and yes I have been to Caister!
Q6. What radio experience did you have before you joined Solar?
A lot of listening of course! and on moving to the U.S.A. (Tampa Bay ,Fla.) Co presented the weekend calendar 760 WBDN/1340 WTAN.Presented/produced The best of British also on 1340 WTAN Hosted an edition of The Cigar Dave Show which which was a phone in talk show broadcast nationwide across America on 970 WFLA,and having said all that, here on Solar is as good as it gets!
Q7. What is/are your main criteria in choosing records for airplay?
I like the music to reflect what it says on the tin/pack/bottle. Classic and 21st Century Soul; being amongst familiar friends and meeting some new ones along the way via the Sweet Rhythms Chart.
Q8. Why would you recommend Solar to a listener?
There ain’t nothing like it anywhere else especially if you’re into Soul and music that’s good for your soul delivered by people that care.
Q9. Which other DJs do you admire and why?
I liked the ones that stood out from the crowd by either what they played musically or how they did it:
Q10. How would you like to be remembered by a listener?
My name would be a start.
Q11. What do you do to relax?
Listen to the radio, surf the net – I would like to say watching football. but with my team you don’t get to relax much!