British Broadcaster: Founder ‘Broadcast News’ agency. Host Best Smooth Jazz radio & TV show. ex BBC Radio 5, LBC, TalkSport, BBCKent, Metro FM, CBC News Canada.
Rod Lucas is a British Radio & TV host and Producer currently celebrating over 45 years in professional British radio. His ‘Best Smooth Jazz’ show is aired on over 140 FM stations around the worldwide and is one of the most downloaded Jazz podcasts on iTunes. Check out his TV video below. Rod’s also available for hosting of events and other media presentations.
Smooth Soulful Jazz vibes that cross into melodic, smooth grooves. Modern soft, mainly instrumental vibes from new and established Smooth Jazz artists.
- RT @rajthehoop: Join Raj at 8 on @solarradio for soulfully yours where we connect our beloved music seamlessly for your listening pleasure… 15 hours ago retweeted via rajthehoop
- RT @RichardSearling: This Sunday from 10am UK time @solarradio I’m counting down the top 20 Northern Soul sounds in the Mr.M’s Hot 100 coun… 1 day ago retweeted via RichardSearling
- RT @RichardSearling: Between 1974-1981 the Northern Soul oldies room at Wigan Casino became an institution. The venue was called Mr.M’s. I’… 2 days ago retweeted via RichardSearling
- RT @RichardSearling: The brand new number 2 on the latest Mixcloud chart. Superb selections from this weekend’s guest selector @mikeshaft… 4 days ago retweeted via RichardSearling
- RT @RichardSearling: It’s the final part of my Mr.M’s Hot 100 Countdown from 10am UK time this Sunday @solarradio ! One amazing Northern… 4 days ago retweeted via RichardSearling
Q1. What first attracted you to Soul Music, is this relevant today?
Hearing the LP Ship Ahoy by the O’Jays and The Temptations Masterpiece. Tony Blackburn had something to do with it in the early 70’s as well as the Motown Chartbuster albums – mainly Vol.6.
Q2. What are your top 5 favourite soul tracks?
Move On Up- Curtis Mayfield
Brown Baby – Billy Paul
Ma – Temptations
Time to Get Down – O’Jays
Tell Me Why – Bobby Womack
Q3. What are your favourite three record labels?
Philly (lime green label)
Q4. Who are your favourite five artists?
Q5. What are your top three soul clubs of all time?
Warehouse – Maidstone
First Floor Club – Ipswich
Revolution – Brighton
All gone now 🙁
Q6. What radio experience did you have before you joined Solar?
Q7. What is/are your main criteria in choosing records for airplay?
Variety in their mood and years.
Q8. Why would you recommend Solar to a listener?
Because it’s the real thing – presented by people who care.
Q9. Which other DJs do you admire and why?
All on Solar for their dedication.
Q10. How would you like to be remembered by a listener?
As an average presenter allowed to play the greatest music – soul 🙂
Q11. What do you do to relax?
Listen to great DJ’s.