Radio presenter DJ with a passion for soul music.
Every Sunday afternoon from 4 to 6pm.
- @alffazaard @RichardSearling @BeatRadio1032 Thanks for tagging us @alffazaard and thanks for listening 1 week ago
- @njhffc @rajthehoop cheers nick .. was looking forward to the fulham game ..we were in form .! good luck with the p… https://t.co/prhkTlCT0Y 2 weeks ago
- @njhffc @rajthehoop not quite.. !! nice one tho .. hope youre all good buddy 2 weeks ago
- RT @njhffc: @rajthehoop @solarradio Locked in and Locked on! #StayHomeSaveLives 🕺🏿💃🏻🎧 2 weeks ago retweeted via njhffc
- RT @rajthehoop: join raj at 8 on @solarradio where we play music from across the genres seamlessly connected for your listening pleasure jo… 2 weeks ago retweeted via rajthehoop
Q1. What first attracted you to Soul Music, is this relevant today?
The discovery of my big brother’s record collection caused me to search for a decent radio station, thus I discovered Horizon at the age of 13. I loved hearing the mixture of upfront tracks and classics too. Pirates were the only place that I could hear new music at the age of 13. The first track I ever bought was Geraldine Hunt-‘Cant Fake The Feeling’ with my pocket money.
Q2. What are your top 5 favourite soul tracks?
A Touch Of Class – I Love You Pretty Baby
Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes – The Love I Lost
Mario Biondi/Was A Bee – This Is What You Are
Scott K – I Love Music
Gerry Devaux – Front Of The Line
Q3. What are your favourite three record labels?
I don’t really care for labels, it’s the tracks that matter
Q4. Who are your favourite five artists?
Harold Melvin & The Bluenotes
Q5. What are your top three soul clubs of all time?
The Special Branch
Q6. What radio experience did you have before you joined Solar?
As a guest with various presenters.
Q7. What is/are your main criteria in choosing records for airplay?
I have to love them!
Q8. Why would you recommend Solar to a listener?
Absolutely, it’s the premier soul station.
Q9. Which other DJs do you admire and why?
Peter Young, Brownie, Tony Monson, Greg Edwards – it’s a bit of nostalgia but these guys still have it all going on! Have tons of knowledge and are highly respected.
Q10. How would you like to be remembered by a listener?
A mixture of old and new music and being friendly, approachable and very real.
Q11. What do you do to relax?
Sleep, I love sleep!